Campus Orb has been offering services to Student Governments for nearly half a decade now, and we’ve learned a lot of different and interesting things during those years. One of those things? Most Student Governments lack the knowledge, budget, or time, to pursue the creation of a comprehensive website for their Student Government. It’s that simple. Student Governments have one of the most important jobs of all on Campus: they need to be able to help students connect with events, clubs, funding, information, and so much more – and without a strong online presence these days (excluding social media) that can be a hard task for even the most prepared. One of the ways we’ve helped countless Student Governments is by providing an extremely useful platform of which they could launch their own Smartphone Apps on iPhone and Android, and so far, it’s been a blast. We’ve launched more than 1700+ events in the past 6 months combined between around 80 different campuses around the United States – that’s pretty awesome.
But now we want to take a step back.
When we started this whole thing, we always wanted our Smartphone Apps to compliment an existing web presence, an existing website that Student Governments would “naturally” already have. Over these past 5 years, we’ve worked with countless Campuses – and for the majority of them – they all lacked a real website, beyond the one page they had been allocated from the University to serve as a “here’s a quick about us“. No interactive features. No branding. Nothing.
Today that changes. For everyone. We’re launching a new FREE service at the end of the year that will allow Student Governments to register their very own Student Government website within minutes and without advertisements what-so-ever. We’re so excited to be able to announce the first free service Campus Orb has ever offered, and we’re proud to let folks know that it’s feature-packed. We’re also going to be offering a Premium upgrade for folks who want to take advantage of even more features, and at the price of $495, our most affordable product yet. But we want to make it clear – the free version has all that you need to build yourself a comprehensive, feature-rich Student Government website, and the features that are offered in the free version have absolutely no limitations at all.
So what do you get with your Free Student Government Website?
- Custom About Page (tell everyone what you folks are all about)
- Recent News Page (publish recent news regarding SG or your campus)
- Events Calendar Page (display your Upcoming Events in a nifty calendar and list)
- Clubs & Organizations Page (give each club thier own custom page with contact, pictures, and more)
- Student Polls Page (start Polls and have students participate in them)
- Board Profiles Page (display a beautiful custom list or profiles for your E-Board or Congress)
- Contact Page (display your address, email, phone, and social media links!)
And if you purchase Premium for a year at $495, you also get the following:
- Student Elections (take your SG Elections online and learn more about candidates / vote for them!)
- Student Surveys (ask a series of questions and create surveys for students to respond too)
- Gallery Page (display pictures of your recent events, members, and more)
- Documents Page (display your minutes, forms, PDF’s, and more here)
- Custom URL (instead of https://campusorb.com/portal/Edinboro, get your own .com URL for free!)
And one more piece of exciting news…
If you already have an Smartphone app with us, or you purchase one from us, you get the website with Premium features unlocked FOR FREE for as long as you have service with us! Your website will compile all of the data you enter into the Campus Orb Portal (for your app) and enter it directly into the website, so when you update your app, you update the website automatically, and vice versa – we know you’re crunched with time, and we don’t want you to update two different things. 🙂
Expect the release of this service to the public at the end of December.
We’re excited to see you then!
The Campus Orb Team